Monday

Dometic Retrieval

Maybe a bit crazy, but we drove a 10 hour roundtrip to pick up a Dometic fridge from a 67 Airstream.
It was said to be in great shape, and I was thinking I will never find one that close to us that will fit right into the Overlander.
So off we went. The Dometic came out of a pretty nice Sovereign, one with a great skin and nice woodwork inside. The bad part was the dreaded rear end separation, but the new owners have a handle on it and removed the bathroom already to begin repairs. Their trailer will be a nice one once it is done.

The fridge had only a some light surface rust on the rear tubing, and some fading of the plastic inside. Other than that it was really cold after a few hours plugged in.
I survived being laid face down in my Excursion on the trip home, and got cold quickly again.
So I guess we did well...and had a great seafood dinner at a local So Alabama Oyster house.
Now to get this into our trailer and bolt it down.